Submitting Plesk Extensions
Have a Plesk Extension that you want to share with the world? You can now submit it to Plesk Extension catalog by following the steps outlined below:
- Package your extension using the latest version of Plesk SDK (11.5+) according to submission checklist below.
- E-mail Plesk Extension team at email@example.com, provide link to your packaged extension, and request addition to catalog. If you have any additional information regarding your extension, make sure to provide it.
After we have checked extension, one of the following things will happen:
- a. Your extension will be published in the catalog.
- b. We will ask you to fix issues we’ve found and resubmit your extension. Submission of extension updates should follow the same steps.
- Your extension should be packaged in zip archive.
- The archive should not contain unused files. When extension is uploaded in Plesk there should be no warnings about unused files found.
- The archive should contain meta.xml file with valid description.
- Extension description should contain at least one sentence. It’s recommended to use two or three sentences for proper explanation of the idea behind your extension.
- Extension name and description should be in English. It’s possible to provide translations into other languages as long English is present.
- Extension UI must have full English language support. It’s possible to provide UI translations into other languages as long English is present.
Your extension should have icons in .png format.
- 32x32 icon location: _meta/icons/32x32.png
- 64x64 icon location: _meta/icons/64x64.png
- 128x128 icon location: _meta/icons/128x128.png
- 160x160 icon location: _meta/icons/160x160.png
Your extension should have at least one screenshot (1024х768 size) in .png format. It’s possible to provide up to three screenshots.
- Screenshots location: _meta/screenshots/
- Screenshot names should be: 1.png, 2.png, 3.png
- If your extension works only on Linux or Windows (or was tested on only one platform), this should be stated in meta.xml.
- Your extension should only use API calls described in official documentation. Private API calls not described in the documentation should not be used.
Note Failing to meet these requirements can lead to resubmission request.
- An example of correctly packaged extension: Extensions SDK Example
- Documentation: HTML (online) or ZIP archive (contains examples)
- To get a development license for Plesk, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know you're making an extension and request a development license.
- Discussion Forum
- Questions or comments? E-mail us at email@example.com
Custom Extension Development
We recommend the following integrators if you are looking for high-quality custom Plesk extensions tailored to suit your needs: